The Skye Picture House is a small friendly, family-run guesthouse in a superb waterside location situated some seven miles north of Broadford. It offers the following:
- Panoramic views of mountains and sea from almost every window
- Lounge with log fire for cooler evenings and extensive library of books on photography and outdoor pursuits
- Single, double, twin and family rooms, all en-suite and all with tea and coffee making facilities and colour TV.
- Full cooked breakfast (or lighter alternative if you prefer).
A Three-course evening meal is also available, if booked in advance, which is freshly prepared
using local produce, and has vegetarian options (special diets catered for by arrangement). Packed lunches are prepared to order
- A Restricted Hotel Licence which allows us to sell alcoholic drinks to resident guests
- Nearly two acres of 'natural' grounds with sea-shore frontage - a haven for wildlife including otters, herons and other sea birds
- 'Three Star' rated (by visitscotland.com - the official tourist board for Scotland)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Free internet access for guests - using our own computer terminal situated in the Lounge
- For the photographer: all-inclusive photoholidays and tuition
(see the Skye in Focus website)
To see photos taken in and around the house, click HERE
Facilities for guests with disabilities In autumn 2004 we carried out work on the building which we hope has made it more accessible for visitors with disabilities. The front entrance has been ramped, and there is an accessible toilet on the ground floor.
We continue to develope the range of services we offer to guests with visual impairments, and these include large-print menus and information folders. We will ourselves give every asistance we can to guests with mobility and other difficulties.
However, we regret that owing to the existing structure of the building we do not have, and are unable to create, any guest bedrooms on the ground floor. All our guest accommodation is on the first floor, which is reached by a set of steep but straight stairs (with hand rail).
Visitors who need ground-floor or wheelchair accessible accommodation might be interested in our new self-catering apartment, Sea Drift, which is now fully open, and which has a ground floor bedroom and accessible toilet and shower.
The Skye Picture House is situated at the tiny village of Ard Dorch, between Dunan and Luib, about seven miles from Broadford on the main road to Portree.
You will see our signpost at the road side. The track down to the house is steep but safe, and there is a car park adjacent to the building.
If you are in London and want to try English escorts you will have find a extensive choice of female escorts.
(This photo was taken by our friend Janet Wildgoose.)
(This alternative view of Gill and Steve was drawn by a young guest, Jamie Harbour.)
Husband and wife team Steve and Gill Terry run The Skye Picture House between them. Gill's main responsibility is the guesthouse, whilst Steve manages the photographic activities of their sister business Skye in Focus.